Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blood Pressure Normalizing

Hi,

I am quite amazed at how my blood pressure has actually come down to a much more normal range. I think it is because of the many prayers from friends that God has answered and helped me. Even though I have made some physical changes, I think that the only real explanation is God's healing hand. Thank you, Lord.

I have not seen BP this low for.... well, I don't actually ever remember having BP in the 130/70 range. Of course, over the years, I only had BP readings when I went to the doctor's office a couple of times a year, but now I have my own wrist cuff and it seems to report accurately. My BP fluctuates up and down a little and I am still shocked when I see one in the normal range show up -- but I am getting more and more of them.

I did make a few changes. I cast about in my brain to discover if I had made any changes that could have affected my BP. The first thing I decided to change were two supplements that I had been taking for a rather short time. One was Lutein with Zeaxanthan -- meant to help prevent further macular degeneration. I had figured it might be OK to take Zeaxanthan even though I know I must not take Astaxanthan which affects my female hormones. Come to find out they both do, on me, so I stopped taking the Z, too.

I had also switched from simple taurine and theanine by themselves to a proprietary blend that had both of them in it, plus some other herbs and such. I stopped taking that too, and went back to my simple doses of the individual amino acids with nothing else in them.

I reduced the number of holes that my salt shaker can pour through to cut down on my salt intake. I had always pooh-poohed the idea that salt holds water and causes blood pressure increases because every research article to test the mantra, that I had ever read, concluded that it was an old wives tale.  But this time, just in case, I cut the holes down from about 7 to about 2.5 which automatically reduces my salt intake. I don't eat many processed or canned and packaged foods at home so adjusting the pour on my salt shaker should do it. I do plan on reading labels for sodium content, too.

And there was one very major thing that I changed. I knew I was eating a few more carbs than normal over the space of the previous week or two, so I decided to examine my record to get an idea of what I was really doing.

It was actually hard to find a time in the last entire month when I had not eaten a carb of some kind. I even had a couple of candy binges. I was eating at least one starchy carb a day and some days two. It had gotten way out of hand without my consciousness of it. Wow. It had sneaked in again and I did not notice it. So I immediately when on a "carb fast" for three days in which I consumed no starchy carbs at all. The only carbs I had were vegetables and some xylitol sugar free gum.

So with all those changes it is very hard to say one or the other thing made the blood pressure come down. I'm just glad it did. I still feel a bit tired most of the time but I attribute that to the antibiotic I'm taking which ends with my last pill tomorrow morning. I think I shall be very disappointed if after stopping the antibiotic my BP goes back up again. I hope that does not happen. I will monitor that situation.

I also took a break from my exercise routines because I kept being distracted and interrupted. I miss them. I have about decided not to examine the Dekalb Medical Wellness Center pool to which I have a free membership (Silver Sneakers) because I checked their schedule and it is so tightly packed I don't seem to be able to fit in my one hour of time in the pool three times a week without a secretary to remind when I can go and when I can't. I like to go when I decide to go. Having to match their schedule seems nerve wracking to me.

Also my home pool seems to be closed for repairs nearly every day and I'm also taking some medicines that have "stay out of the sunshine" warnings on them. It is nearing September so I will probably just purchase a season pass for the indoor aquatic center near my home. Can't do it now because the funds are low, but maybe when September gets here I can manage it.

I had outlays for the co-pays on the two lazer eye procedures (which were both successful), plus glasses (which I'm patiently waiting for), plus car maintenance (it runs a lot better) and purchasing some help with facebook advertising of my www.bestluggagecarts.com web site (I'll be in the new facebook Mall).  All in all, the month is half over and I think I have just enough to get through without too much trouble if, Lord willing, I don't have any more large expenses.

God is so good to me. I am grateful.

I may even be starting a new women's Bible study at a friend's house -- in a few weeks. Looking forward and praying that the Lord will lead me -- I know He will -- He is so good!!

Love you,

Be back soon,

Marcia







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!