Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Good Results from Twice-a-Week Fasting

Hi!

I am stoked. I hit 305.75 this morning as a result of doing the twice a week fast. I don't know if it will go up again. Just hitting the number feels really good. I am getting closer and closer to the 299 mark.

My starting weight at the beginning of my weight loss journey, nearly two years ago, was 355 -- and I suspect it to have been closer to 360, or even 365, but have not changed my numbers since I don't know for sure. I simply think I recall those numbers on my doctor's scale at some point -- I had not yet started to journal, so I don't have a record.

My blood pressure also seems to be settling down in the 130/77 range, which is also very encouraging. So, no changes in the BP medication, only the change in eating patterns have brought this about.

I have to confess, I've not been eating all the fresh raw vegetables that I normally advocate. I've been eating most of them cooked. I just got tired of the salad for every meal habit and let it slip. I'm just now starting to consume a few fresh raw veggies again because they taste so incredibly good and satisfying.

I've been trying on some clothes in my closet that were a bit too small for me and all but one is now fitting me. I can button the 3 blouses all the way down and will be beginning to wear them now. I had them in my closet because I had purchased them a while back, but could not fit into the woven ones. The stretch ones were big and loose and labeled as the same size but the woven ones were too small for me. So glad I will be able to wear those blouses to church, now.

When I go swimming I can now wrap the towel around me with no gaps. That is nice! When I am sitting I can see that my stomach is farther away from my knees and closer to me, now, too. Got lots of evidence that it is working.

I started my first week of twice-a-week fasting on Sept 8. The next week I completed two more fast days and this week I've completed one of the fasts with the next one starting this evening.

Starting on September the first I had noticed I was eating too many carbs and did a 3 day carb fast -- meaning that I ate food, I just did not eat any starchy carbs. Then I did another day and in that week I lost 3.17 average pounds for the week.

The next week I fasted (no food at all) on two separate days and lost an average of 1 pound. This week which on my chart is four days I have lost an average of 2.23 pounds. The average weight is 308.38 -- my today's actual weight is 305.75. I take an average over a 7-day period to try to get a more accurate picture of where I am, but I love those days when my actual weight is lower than my average for the week.

So far, it seems, the twice a week fasting is beginning to make a difference in my weight. That is the best results I have had for a while so I am happy and will continue on with this program.

I will be going to see my doctor at 2:30 to hear about the results of my echo cardiogram and I've been praying for good results. Before she would tell me about it she had me come in and do blood work for cholesterol. They would not tell me the numbers for that either, but I was able to find out that my numbers were not outrageous (at least) -- the nurse's words were, "I've seen worse."

I'm already sure that I will refuse to take any Staten drugs and will point out my weight loss and hope she will let me continue doing what I am doing because it has helped my weight and my blood pressure and surely my blood cholesterol, too. I guess I'll find out. I've not been able to share much with her about what I am doing because she usually does all the talking.  Oh, well.

So that's about it for today. Things are looking good.

If you are interested in reading the research on fasting I recommend the PDF by Brad Pilon called "Eat Stop Eat" found at http://www.eatstopeat.com/ -- purchase price is $37 -- but well worth it.

If you want to watch a video of a guy investigating and trying out fasting, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Pfna7nV7WaM -- this one is free.

Fasting is way healthier than I had imagined. And it is working for me in the weight loss department. Finally.

One more thing: when you are fasting you cannot fudge and mess things up!! It is plain, simple, direct, and easy. You can read some of my earlier blogs (listed on the right) if you want to check out the route I took to come to this current conclusion.

Love you,

Be back soon,

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!