Thursday, October 17, 2013

Reaching For the Goal

After yesterday's post I made up a new batch of cards to help me stay on track.

One of the best ones is this:

IF I AM GOING TO REACH MY GOAL, WHAT SHOULD I DO RIGHT NOW?
FOLLOW THE PLAN

If I stick to the plan, how can I fail? If I don't reach for it, how will I get hold of it?

That is what I see in the 5:2 Diet group on facebook. Those who simply follow their plan are more successful. Even when things are not working right, they follow the plan, and soon it is working right, again.

I also like this one:

WITH PATIENCE I WILL PUT THAT (binge food) ASIDE AND RUN THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE ME

I have some scriptures, that are very meaningful to me on this journey:

Mark 12:33 -- And to love him (God) with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Hebrews 13:15 -- By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Romans 12:1 -- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Hebrews 12:1 -- Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

1 Corinthians 9:24 -- Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 5:7 -- Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

I am within an hour and a half of completing a 24 hour fast. I am, as they say in England, chuffed!! 

I had been off track and feeling it. Yesterday's inspiration from the Lord got me really motivated to get out of the "feelings" and back into the "action."

Then I found this quote:

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit"
-Aristotle


Glad to be back on board.

Looking forward to good results and a good report to give.

Thank You, Lord!! You've answered my prayers and I am grateful!! Thank You Lord!!  Amen!
 
Be back soon

Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!