Wednesday, October 27, 2010

97

Hooty Hoo!

I was pretty surprised tonight when I checked my blood sugar and found it to read 97!!  Whoo Hooo!! Leaving out the bread has made the difference. Even though it was sprouted whole grain bread and labeled "low glycemic" it still made my blood sugar shoot up. Now that I have come to my senses -- with the help of Dr Mercola's book called "The No-Grain Diet" I can see the difference myself.

Here is a link to the book on Amazon if you want to check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Grain-Diet-Joseph-Mercola/dp/0452285089/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288231775&sr=1-1

If you are interested here is what I ate today before checking my blood sugar: two large raw salads. Both were made with bok choy my leafy green for this week and I normally add tomatoes. Today I also added broccoli  to one and broccoli sprouts to the other. I added feta cheese, zucchini, almonds and I used olive oil alone on one and olive oil and apple cider vinegar on the other. (I do not shake the vinegar anymore, I just pour the clear vinegar out of the top of the bottle and have not had the trouble with the spots on the feet. If it comes back, I'll stop again.) I added spices to both salads: garlic powder, my own curry powder, and Italian herbs, plus a little salt just before pouring on the liquids.

I am as surprised as you are that eating these large salads fills me up, satisfies me, and sticks to my ribs, too. Who knew?

After I checked the blood sugar, I felt hungry and fried up some zucchini and eggs for dinner. That makes me about 66 and 2/3 raw. The plumbing is working very well, too, from all the raw veggies.

Don't have much to say today -- just wanted to let you know of my 97!!  Yippee!!

Thank you Lord, for your kindness!!

Be back soon

--Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!