Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!

I am finally feeling the Christmas spirit. I have been enjoying the songs of Jesus birth and enjoying the lights and decorations.

People have been sending Christmas videos and e-cards. I love the e-cards because they are fun to watch and fun to send. If you missed someone on your snail mail card list and you know their e-mail you can send one any time and they know you remembered them.

Here are a couple of Christmas videos that I liked receiving and sending:

http://www.youtube.com/user/beckykelleySTL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFPHIK9ann8&feature=related

If you look around at youtube you can find all kinds of Christmas Videos.

I heard a statement on the radio as I drove down the road today listening to a pastor teaching. I broke into the middle so I don't know his name, although I have heard his voice many times.  He said something that made my ears perk up: "Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship."

I don't recall his explanation but I recall that it made sense. In order to be a Christian you have to talk to Jesus. It is not about following rules it is about loving God.

My all time favorite Christian quote is from Ravi Zacharias: "Jesus Christ did not come to make the bad people good. He came to make the dead people live."

The first time I encountered this it struck a strong chord in me and it has remained so, ever since. I had thought that in order to be a good Christian I had a lot of work to do.The following scripture shows the purpose of Christ's being born was to give us life. He also says that He is the good shepherd -- that he knows his sheep -- and his sheep know him. That is relationship.

John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11  I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12  But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14  I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15  As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

You cannot become a Christian by doing good works, you can only become a Christian by coming to know Jesus Christ. Then after you know Him, you desire to do the good works that the Lord sets in front of you to do and He gives you the Holy Spirit and gifts to do the things He desires of you.

We, being still in the flesh, do struggle sometimes but when we turn to Jesus in our struggle He makes our path straight.

I just want to say how grateful I am for the birth and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord, Who lives in Heaven right this second. I pray that you come to know Him and the safety of His arms around you. He is gracious and kind. He is the only Potentate!!

I just learned what "Potentate" means. I noticed that the root word for Potentate was "potent" and immediately thought the word "power" so I knew it must mean "All Mighty God" when used in this context. I looked it up and found it means "a powerful ruler."

Here is the verse in Timothy:

Tim 6:14  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16  Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19  Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

We lay hold on eternal life by laying hold on Him, which also means to love what He loves, and do what He does. Give to the poor and communicate about Jesus to others that they too may have life everlasting with Him!!


You see, the Bible does say that Jesus Christ is God. He was not a man who became God, he was God who became Man.


Mt 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

He is still with us.

Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

I trust His word. He is as good as His word. He stands on His word. I stand on His word, also.

I am grateful to live in the USA where I may worship according to the dictates of my own heart and my heart belongs to Jesus.

Not that I am perfect, but I press on, as Paul said:

Phil 3:12  Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Knowing to a small degree Who He Is, I wish you more intimacy with the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, the One and Only Potentate!! May you come to know Him deeply!

You are loved!

Merry Christmas!

Be back soon

--Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!