Friday, February 18, 2011

Great Blood Work Results

Hi,

I am so excited!! I just got the blood work call from my doctor's office and I am so pleased with all the results!! My A1C has gone from 6.0 to 5.5. Wow!!  Dropping the Xylitol out of my life changed everything for the better! I can finally relax about this now. I shall continue eating as I've been doing -- vegetables and meat with an occasional starchy food. That is not permission to go wild -- but it is permission to relax.

My uric acid went from 9.4 to 7.8. This is amazing, too. I had no idea that Xylitol would affect so many areas in my body. This is also real evidence that sugars affect uric acid levels and not protein. The 7.8 was even better than my test before last where it was 8.4 -- so I am really excited.

My fasting glucose was 112 -- this is down from either 147 or 127 I can't remember which. This is still above normal but I'm very happy with 112 at this point in time.

And -- get this -- drum roll please -- my D3 was 61 up from 30!! I feel like my body is now better able to combat infections and that is such a relief.  I have been taking 10,000 units of vitamin D3 every single day in my effort to get that number up to normal, which it now is. I've never had a D3 reading that was this good before. I started taking the D3 when I started seeing my doctor back in April of 2010 and she was the first one to check the levels. I started out just taking 1,000 units and it never brought the number up. A few months later I upped it to 5,000 and that made no dent in the number, either. I very religiously began taking 10,000 units about two months ago and have finally seen good results in  my blood work numbers.

The thing is... now what? Should I continue taking 10,000 or drop it down a little?  I don't want to risk the number dropping but don't want to overdose either.  I guess I should drop it down to 5,000 and see how the next blood check goes in a few months.

I must say that after listening to Kevin Gianni's "Great Health Debate" last week I was nearly worn out -- but have come to a better conclusion about what I am "supposed" to eat. Right now I am doing lots of veggies and a little animal protein and once in a while a starch. I think that should keep me on track and settled now. I really liked the comment on his blog that said why must we call them "cheats" like we were doing something wrong? It really is OK to have a treat once in while!!

Thank you dear Lord for your help and healing!! Praise the Lord!!

I am hungry. Going to make a salad.

Be back soon

--Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!