Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blood Sugar 98 Before Lunch

Hi,

I am beginning to think my suspicions about the Xylitol were correct. I just tested my blood sugar and it was 98 after not using any since last Tuesday. A number that I have not seen recently. So the X-sugar was what sent everything in the wrong direction. I wish I had not trusted what I read and had tested to make sure before now. Just goes to show you, you cannot become lax, you have to keep on top of things if you are going to manage your diabetes or prediabetes properly and accurately.

I stopped using the bulk sweetener (one or two teaspoons a day), the chewing gum (up to four tiny squares a day), and the nasal spray (from three to four times a day) and began to use an alternate nasal spray with oils of oregano and basil in it instead which I had on hand. I had been kind of avoiding that one. I had purchased it at a natural health store and had been told it was for yeast infection in the nasal passages, which I had at the time, but my doctor had prescribed a medication for it that had solved the problem so I never really tried it. I had opened it and smelled it and decided it was too strong and too bizarre for me. It smells like spaghetti sauce and I just could not squirt it up my nose.

But when I stopped the Xylitol spray and needed a shot in the nasal passages due to the dry heat inside the house, I tried it. It really was not as bad as I had thought it might be. I have been using it since I stopped the Xylitol nasal spray, but noticed this morning that it seems to irritate a little so need to be careful with it. I guess a plain saline solution may be the next thing I try. Perhaps I should either dilute the oregano spray or simply alternate them.

I had been using a Vicks vapo-steamer in my bedroom but it seems to make everything in the bedroom and the bathroom a little damp and also did not seem to affect my nasal passages as much as I had wanted it to. I was still waking up with a very dry nose and was using the nasal spray along with it anyway. Well, moving right along.

I also saw some video testimonials at
http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/raw-food-diet-testimonials.html
yesterday and watched as person after person said they had healed their diabetes and lost lots of weight by eating a raw vegan diet. I began to wonder why I am having so much trouble when they seem to have accomplished so much more in the same amount of time. I think the difference may be the "vegan" part. I am still eating hard boiled eggs and tuna and had even started eating some string cheese but the string cheese seems to keep the eating machine activated so need to put a stop to that, again, too. It seems that every time I try to add anything to my simple plain raw vegetable, nut and seed diet it messes me up by bringing my progress to a standstill. This time the Xylitol actually went way beyond "standstill" and pushed me in the totally wrong direction.

I am considering going all raw for a while and seeing if that works for me as it has worked for the people in the videos. They also seem to talk a lot about "juicing" -- I've not been so very attracted to that but perhaps I should attempt to incorporate it. They also seem to eat fruit, but with my high uric acid levels I need to avoid fructose until the UA gets down to normal, I think. So still cannot eat fruit. I still feel a little reluctant with the juicing but so many people seem to swear by it, maybe I really should look into it again.

I think maybe I need to begin trying some of the raw recipes for variety, too. I've been eating salads for a long time now and I still like them, but desire to eat something other than salad sometimes. Just for the sake of variety and quelling the boredom I sometimes feel.

Well that is where I am today. I don't think of this as a "bad" place just an observatory space. It is OK for now and I am thinking about making some changes soon.

Hope all is well with you,

Be back soon,

--Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!