Monday, January 31, 2011

Gullible's Travels

Hi,

Been working at eating right. Been dealing with a notice from my mobile home park management that I have to paint my house. Been worrying about getting my taxes done.

On the painting front I shared a prayer request at my church on Sunday morning. I was quite upset, not knowing how I was going to get that done. I don't have the money (last estimate a few years ago was $1500) and my unemployment runs out in the middle of May (deadline was May 2). Those people are so amazing! When I came back that night they already had a plan to help me get it done. A couple of the men are going to come out and take a look at the house to estimate what needs to be done. One of them knows where to get the paint at a discount. And they are going to schedule a youth group project to come out and paint it one Saturday in the not too distant future (after they have pressure washed it) and I am so grateful! They have really alleviated a major amount of stress for me. I don't think there are even words to thank them enough. What a great church!

On the tax front. I got the name of a guy who has done the taxes of a friend for a few years who lives in the city next to mine and I finally called him up and we will set up a meeting in a couple of weeks time to get those done. I shared a little on the phone with him and he said he has flat fees $85 for personal taxes and $50 more for business taxes, too. That is so much better than the $400 from the people I used last year. When I had gotten my business set up done they talked me into doing a Nevada corporation, too, but I don't use it for anything, and I'm thinking of cancelling that, too. Just need to do it.

On the eating front. I have been being pretty good with eating my salads and getting back in line again. I had put on some weight and have taken all but two pounds off again. Last night I went with a friend to Wendy's where we got their "Pick 2" which is  half of a salad and one other item. She got the spicy chicken salad and chili and I got the Cobb salad and chili. She is a very slow eater and I had mine eaten before she was half way done. I still felt hungry so got another chili which was only two bucks. I started off not eating the crackers (which I rarely ever do) but ended up eating them as I told myself I wanted to feed my endorphines -- you know "comfort food" -- I needed some comfort. But today I feel kind of "hung over" (for a lack of a better description).  Did my salad for today and have eaten better again today.

I visited the management office and asked them if it is OK to paint my home a pale chiffon yellow and they said that would be fine. I am really glad. I really like a yellow house and have been thinking about that for a long time. I am also thinking of white trim or maybe sage green. I am really leaning towards the white, which will keep the look of the current colors (tan and pale tan) but really freshen it up.

Now my plans for today are to finish the dishes and wash the kitchen floor. I'm thinking that will be my exercise for the day because it involves using my Hoover floor scrubber and a lot of walking, plus back and forth body movement. I am usually very exhausted by the time I finish doing that. I am also waiting for a friend who likes to order stuff online as a "group" to get better shipping fees who is going to deliver my portion of the order to my house. It is all herbs and supplements and -- as a gift -- she has purchased them for me, this time. We often take drives together and that is her contribution to the gas fund for the car. Very nice! I appreciate it!

As far as the title for today's blog... Gullible's Travels... it just felt like me today. There is no deep meaning. I consider myself to be "gullible" when it comes to some of my food choices. Need to get back to my "Fat Brain Lies" workbook. I've been stumped at the next lesson but don't want that to go on forever. I just want to get it over with and move on. I have to make a list of all the "bad" foods I've eaten recently. Just not looking forward to it. Hope I'm happier when I get it finished.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Hope you are sticking to your plan. Hope you are successful!

Be back soon

-- Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!