Monday, January 24, 2011

The Detox Effect?

Hi,

In the "Raw for 30" video that I watched there was a man who was talking about when you change to a raw food diet you go through a "detox" stage in the very beginning. He spoke about how really difficult this stage is. This documentary film records the struggles of the people who are making the transformation. These folks started off with a chef making their meals but were taught to make them themselves as time went on. One of the main things you will see in the film is the gargantuan struggles that some of them went through. Only one of the six quit. It was just too much for him. His body was in pain and he felt awful and decided that the food was the problem so he left. Two of the others also had large struggles but they got through theirs with their decisions not to quit. They soon were experiencing success.There were also three who did not seem to have the same struggles that the rest had. They simply came, followed the program and went back home different people.
 
This got me to thinking. Maybe by my not being willing to go completely raw that is the thing that hinders me. I already know that I cannot eat "just a little" starchy carb. There is really no such thing as being able to "cut down" with me. I have been tinkering, tampering and experiementing with the raw food diet since September. Oddly enough I thought it was since June that I did this but that was when I tried out the "30 Day Diabetes Cure" which did help but not enough in my mind. I did not lose much weight and I was not able to follow the program as written because the fruit and the bread did a number on my body, my cravings, and my blood sugar numbers which slowed down my progress.

I recovered, found and started the raw food segment in September. This makes me feel a little better because I was thinking that I had been trying to make the proper life style changes since last June which would be about eight months. But since I started the raw food program in September that means I have been going up and down on that program for six months.

My most recent setback was the Xylitol incident when my A1C went back up to 6 and my uric acid went up to 9.4. I have now stopped all intake of Xylitol or any kind of sweetener for that matter. I don't even use Stevia. A person can live without sweets.

The place where I seem to have the most trouble is after eating "clean" (only fresh raw veggies, nuts, seeds with some hard boiled eggs and feta cheese, plus tuna from time to time) for a short time I begin to crave stuff like chili cheese fries and hot dogs. Which, by the way, I was not eating before I started the program!

Anyway, my original thought was about the "detox" effects. Maybe that is what I am struggling with and since I have not gone completely raw that stage just keeps hanging around and getting in the way. I don't know. I might be grabbing at straws. The only way I could find out for sure would be to go 100% raw for a while and see what happens. I am not completely sure I am up to that, but more raw is better.

Dr Cousins said that after the detox you "hit the steadiness." I wonder if I tried the whole raw program if I would still go through detox and then finally "hit the steadiness."

In another segment the lady who decided to stay was talking to her husband on the phone and sharing about how a lump that she had had for 15 years has disappeared. I then remembered that I have had that happen too. Sometimes I feel the space below the back of my neck just to make sure the lumps are still really gone. I am having a similar reaction to hers. This lady has a build similar to my own, although I believe she is somewhat smaller than I am.

Perhaps I need to remember the progress that I have made, too. And to remember that after eating, a normal blood sugar is 140 so I should not be alarmed when that happens.

A verse has come into my mind:

James 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

I want to take a look at how my actions have revealed where my faith is (in relation to diabetes) and then to pray and ask the Lord to help me have a new vision and purpose in this area.

Be back soon

--Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!