Saturday, July 16, 2011

Juice Fast DAY 2 -- evening update

Hi,

Today was much better than yesterday on the Juice fast. I've only needed to juice 3 times and the last one I made was a huge batch but I could not drink it all, so put half in the fridge for later. I would rather drink it at the moment it is made to get all the good enzymes but don't want to waste it either.

I am amazed that today has been so much easier for me. I had prayed and asked God to help me and He gave me the help I needed.

I did still bump into regular food but turned my head away and kept on walking without too much inner disturbance. At one point I really wanted to just stick a celery stalk in my mouth and chew (as I was preparing the veggies to juice). Logically it does not seem to make any sense to not eat some of the veggies raw, but this is a juice fast, so I opted to remember that I would be drinking the celery in just a few minutes so simply waited a few minutes.

I'm thinking that maybe I have not had the brain fog that some of the folks have said happens during the first three days, because I am not coming off of the SAD diet, I was already eating a lot of raw veggies. This would be evidence that it is easier to do the juice fast if you prepare and eat lots of fresh raw vegetables before hand -- slowly dropping all the bad stuff before you actually begin to fast.

Anyway, I feel pretty much normal today except that my vision has been a little blurry, which is odd. I checked my blood sugars throughout the day and did not have any more really high ones.

7:55 a.m. was 111
10:31 a.m. was 143 (after the fruit juice)
5:24 p.m. was 128 (after a vegetable juice)
7:42 p.m. was 97

I am having a lot of back pain, so maybe that is part of it. Will ice it, watch a movie, and go to bed. Church tomorrow!!

Be back soon

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!