Sunday, July 17, 2011

Juice Fast DAY 3

HI!!,

Well it is day 3 and I am kind of getting used to juicing. I'm not feeling super hungry. I don't feel bad. I have no cravings. I just feel .... fine! I should have known that God would make it easier than I expected. He is so good!!

In the "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" DVD there was also an average sized woman named Siong who was juice fasting for 10 days to see if it would clear up her migraine headaches. She described them as the very worst kind I know of with the sensitivity to light, throwing up, and a great deal of pain and discomfort. They were so bad she was willing to try a juice fast, if you know what I mean.

Her descriptions of things really let you know that juicing was difficult for her to do but she did it -- and actually continued on it for 14 days because her migraines disappeared and she said that she felt like she was twenty-one again when she was done. She has continued to include juicing in her daily routine because she likes the extra nutrients.

She is married and was cooking for her husband, even going to restaurants and sitting next to him with her jar of juice, as he ate a huge plate of ribs and such. She did not care for the taste of the first juice that she made, but she continued tasting and drinking, anyway. She was kind of endearing as she shared how she felt on day three when she says she tried all sorts of things to make her feel better, even praying, but she still wanted to slap someone.

She also described how on a certain day when she drank her first juice for the day, she had to go to the rest room and release a bunch of stuff into the toilet -- so much that she wondered where it all came from. Then she shared that it happened again. And this is the point that I wanted to get to in the story because I just experienced a similar episode -- although mine was not extreme in volume.

I had been wondering if this would happen for me. I noticed while I was on the prescription drug Warfarin (Coumadin) the plumbing had gone back to being constipated. I had gotten things running more smoothly with probiotics, water, and magnesium (brand: Calm) but I noticed after the blood clot appeared and I was on Lovenox and Warfarin that things just backed up again and my doctor told me to do the magnesium twice a day. It helped a little but did not keep things going, I had to take the Magnesium or nothing happened.

Anyway, today, day 3, was the day this changed on the juice fast. There was no pain, and almost no warning, so I had a bit of a wild moment, there, but I was kind of glad that it was happening. I suppose it will continue until I am cleaned out. At least I hope so. So sorry to talk about these things if you are sensitive to them, but I just think it is important to share about what is really going on. If Siong had not shared about it, I would not have been aware that this might happen. Neither Joe nor Phil mentioned anything like this, so maybe it did not happen for them, or maybe they just did not mention it.

On to prettier subjects...

I went to Sam's Club yesterday and loaded up on vegetables. I know they are not organic but I had already spent sixty-five dollars on a bunch of vegetables at Kroger in preparation for the juice fast and nearly ran completely through them in the first two days. I figured I could get more for my money at Sam's and I was right, but they did not have a lot of greens in their natural state to choose from. They seem to have more fruit than vegetables, but it is summer, when fruit is in season.

They had some greens that were already cut up for salad but I kind of want the whole vegetable for juicing. The only one I could get was Romaine Lettuce so I got twelve of them. I'm aware that greens need to be rotated because of the alkaloids but I'll go through these and get something from Whole Foods to change to, when they are gone.

I had chosen a bag of mixed raw veggies (baby carrots, cut up cauliflower, and broccoli florets) thinking that they would be fast to juice because they were already prepared, but was disappointed that the broccoli, especially, did not really yield much actual juice. The cauliflower and the carrots gave out the expected proportion but the broccoli, not so much. I went through the entire three-pound bag and got only 24 ounces of juice. That much juice seems to be way more than my body will take so I drank half and put half in the fridge for later. I added a lime (peeled) and hunk of ginger (not peeled) for flavor but it was not so appetizing as some other things I have done. It was not obnoxious, just not super appealing. I guess I would say it was, OK -- drinkable -- but I have no desire to duplicate it.

In one of the juices I made yesterday I added three large cloves of garlic and about one fourth of a yellow onion to the mix and WOW! I could barely drink it for hotness. I took a big swig and my stomach suddenly felt like a balloon had been blown up inside me. I even felt a little sick and hungover. I've only been hungover once in my life but it is an experience you don't forget. I don't drink because of it. But that was my immediate reaction to the juice. Again, I did not want to waste it, so I watered it down and salted it. It ended up not being so bad. I'm going to be careful with the garlic and onion, but I don't want to eliminate them. I just know that one large clove of garlic is certainly plenty. I think I was using "cooking" proportions when I first added them. When you cook garlic, it is no longer hot, but fresh raw garlic is very hot -- nearly like pepper hot, to my taste buds. So moderation when juicing raw garlic is a good thing.

At this point in time, I am happy that I am juicing. I keep weighing myself, and I have taken off the four pounds I had put on. I probably should not be doing that, but I'm not going to have a cow over it. I'll weigh when I feel like. This time -- meaning this program -- my main goal is to lose weight. I'm tired of trying stuff for six months at a time and not losing anything. If a juice fast does not do it, nothing will. I know it is the healthy thing to do, to. I believe my blood numbers will get better. The blood sugar levels have already gotten better in only two days.

I may be back later with an evening update if I have something to share.

Love you,

God bless,

Be back soon,

Marcia



If you need a high quality folding hand truck or luggage cart, go to

www.bestluggagecarts.com

and chose from the best steel luggage carts available.

Happy traveling!! -- Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!