Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 33

11:32pm 
 
I really blew it at my Bible study group tonight. I ate more carbs and sweets tonight than I ate in the last thirty days combined. I just went wild. I threw caution to the wind and ate cake and candy and crackers -- and I had stopped and bought a green salad with chicken to prevent that. I ate the salad and then started sampling everything on the table. My eyes saw it. My hand reached out and took it. And I ate it, like there was no tomorrow. When I got home my blood sugar was 161. Eye-yi-yi.

I have done that before when I was counting calories. I am good and faithful until I hit this wall (or spot, or I don't know what to call it -- maybe "point") at which I suddenly break out in an eating binge. It is like I have thrown the chains off and am finally able to do what I want -- she said selfishly.

I know I cannot let that throw me off track tomorrow. I asked the ladies to pray for me to be delivered from obesity -- if they saw what I was doing they did not say a thing about it.

I started reading the exercise book but had to put it down to go to the fellowship, so am picking it up again tonight or in the morning.

I am grateful for repentance and the goodness of God that leads me to it.

Picking myself up and Moving On, one step at a time.

God bless

--Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi -- and welcome! Please feel free to make a comment. I'd love to hear from you!